FUDAN SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT SUMMER PROGRAM
WHAT IS THE FUDAN SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT SUMMER PROGRAM?
The Fudan School of Management Summer School is an academic program that yields academic credits. It has two components:
- Students will advance their professional skills through knowledge exchanges with leaders in all levels and sectors of business
- Students will augment their experience with in-class lectures, seminars, case studies and a series of esteemed guest speakers.
Week 1: Chinese Market Entry & Expansion – International Corporate
- Day 1: Challenges and Opportunities in Current China’s Business Environment
- Day 2: China Market Entry Strategy Case Study: Taobao vs Ebay
- Day 3: Chinese Leadership Style, Talent Management, Legal Environment and IPR Protection
- Day 4: Visit Bosch International to learn the International Relations and Geopolitics of China
- Day 5: Visit Infosys Campus
Week 2: Competing with Global Brands – Domestic Corporate
- Day 1: Economic development in China and the Chinese cultural experience
- Day 2: China’s c2c market including managing digital information systems, big data and ecommerce
- Day 3: Social media and transformational social media with case study: Yesmywine
- Day 4: Guest speaker
- Day 5: Group work & presentation
What Do Students Receive?
- 3 Transferrable university level credits
- A certificate issued by School of Management, Fudan University
- Become an alumni of Fudan University
- Network with Fudan students, alumni, and Shanghai businesses for further collaboration
- Intensive 2-Week Program: July 8 – July 29, 2019
- 36 contact hours of lectures/seminars and 18 contact hours of company visits.
- Internship track following up the academic program.
USD 1600+ Application Fee: 80USD （Non-refundable)
Program fee covers tuition, lecture materials, company visits, cultural events, and welcome reception and orientation.
INNOVATIVE CHINA & DIGITAL ENTREPRENEURSHIP
Students have the option to conduct a professional training after the 2-week academic program. With the recommendations and assistance from BEYOND faculty and coordinators, students will apply for and be interviewed by companies, and the placement will depend on the company needs and selecting process. Students are strongly encouraged to apply from the following companies:
Business Chinese Lessons Track
GoEast will deliver optional business Chinese lessons for all language levels to allow you to make the most of your trip.
James Yuann (BEYOND Faculty Chair)
- Visiting professor in MIT Sloan-Fudan IMBA program
- Former President of Asia Pacific for Honeywell Specialty Materials
- Vistage China Chair coaching multinational and local CEOs
- Continuously elected by students as “the most welcomed professor” for his focus on combining theories and industry practice.
Tomas CASAS i KLETT
- Visiting professor teaching cross-cultural management, corporate governance, and entrepreneurship in Switzerland, Canada, US, and China.
- An entrepreneur based in Shanghai
- He obtained a BA degree at Wharton School, a master degree at Fudan University, PhD at HSG.
Holds PhD degree from Tsinghua Universiy and focuses on cumtomer behavior and empirical mode.
Professor in Information Management & Information Systems.
Certified Attorney-at-Law specified in IP and competition.